Benzodiazepine is the class of drugs that is used to cure the symptoms of anxiety disorders. The most common medicine available from this category is Ativan, which is available in two forms, one tablet, and the other in injections. Ativan uses, or the use of any medicine from the family of benzodiazepines and benzodiazepine-like drugs has been associated with heart stroke. According to various researches, it has been seen that the consumption of this medicine increases the chances of stroke by the rate of 20 percent under the condition that the patient is suffering from some underlying condition like Alzheimer’s disease. Consulting a physician is considered to be quite important before the intake of benzodiazepine.
Ativan is the medicine belonging to the family of drugs class known as Antianxiety Agents, Anxiolytics, Benzodiazepines, Anticonvulsants, Benzodiazepine. It is basically used as a prescription tranquilizing medication, anxiety symptoms, insomnia, and status epilepticus. One can easily buy Ativan 1 mg online from the various drug stores listed.
The dosage of the Ativan is dependent upon various factors that are pre-examined before making a prescription. A thorough analysis of any other medicine you might be taking is also considered important to avoid negative interaction. The usual oral dosage is 2 to 6 mg daily, which might be changed by a physician as per need.
The Ativan uses that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are:
● Ativan for anxiety
● Ativan for sleep/insomnia
● Ativan for seizures
● Ativan for sedation during surgery
Ativan and its side effects
Ativan is one of the most common tablets available in the market. The facility to order Ativan cash on delivery has made access to the medicine even easier. Apart from the approved uses, there are a few conditions like depression and pain for which the medicine is found to be effective and efficient.
Ativan’s common side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, loss of coordination, headache, fatigue, nausea, blurred vision, change in sexual interest/ability, constipation, heartburn, or change in appetite. In addition to the above, Ativan is linked to some other serious side effects, which include:
● Breathing Effects like slow or fast breathing
● Psychological and physical dependence causing anxiety, depression, weakness, nausea, and others
● Serious allergic reactions like rash, pacing heartbeat, swelling on the body
● Rebound effects linked to insomnia or anxiety
Ativan interaction with other medicines
Ativan for stroke is one thing that has been identified at a meager scale. But the medicine can interact with various types of medicines and cause side effects. It is essential to know the Ativan’s interaction effect with other medicines before consuming the same.
The most common interaction with which the Ativan uses is probable to interact include:
● Opioids like morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone, and fentanyl
● Sedative drugs like anticonvulsant medications, antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, anxiety drugs, and barbiturates
● Other benzodiazepines such as alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, and midazolam
● Probenecid, Valproic acid, Zoloft, Ambien, and Tylenol
● Ativan with alcohol, herbs, and supplements are known to have serious effects.
Seeking advice from the physician while planning to take Ativan and following the instructions accordingly can avoid the effects of Ativan.